What is iPAs? – Integrated Performance Airframe-Drive System
NO COMPROMISES, NO MODS, NO HASSLE
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL: PERFORMANCE OUT OF BOX
WHAT YOU SEE IN OUR VIDEOS IS WHAT YOU GET WITH iPAs
Unlike glow aircraft where it is mostly a matter of bolting on a specific size engine, the options for electric flight gear are simply overwhelming and matching electric gear to an airframe is a complex task for the average modeler and quite often can be very confusing.
Most manufacturers direct their customers to acquire a “compatible” motor and ESC or at best offer a “Combo” package that comprises of an off-the-shelf motor and ESC that would, in theory “fit” within the model’s power requirements.
Surveys we conducted showed that each and every EP models flyer has experienced at least one if not more of the following problems:
- Unpredictable handling problems caused by reduced wing loading due to oversized motors or battery packs or ancillary gear.
- Overheating or unwanted ESC cut outs due to over propping or undersized motors
- Handling problems due to drastic shift in CG and overall weight distribution.
- Unacceptable flight duration due to inefficient “hot” motors or undersized packs
- Airframe structural failure due to increased aerodynamic loads caused by oversized drives and packs.
- Overheating and swelling of battery packs caused by serious drive mismatch.
- Less than optimum motor performance due to ESC incompatibility.
- Crashes as a result of servo gear failures caused by excessive loads on the control surfaces or exceeding the maximum airspeed limits.
- A huge disparity in flight performance observed in the promotional videos against actual aircraft.
- Premature Motors, ESC and Battery failures or performance degradation over time due to mismatch setup.
- Gear does not properly fit the airframe and requires modification.
We do not believe modelers should have to live with compromises in flight performances.
Through hundreds of hours of flight testing our airframe designs, we have established that there is a direct correlation between airframe and drive system, which influences the desired aerodynamic performance. This means that airframes and drives should not be treated as independent items, but as one integrated system.
Due to the extreme lengths taken in the design of the airframe, and the unprecedented flight testing period to finally achieve the desired aerodynamic characteristics, we felt a complete solution for this model is necessary. As a result, we have developed our iPAs, PA Integrated Performance Airframe-Drive System.